chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

Holy Cold Snap Batman!

Okay, I know I'm forever obsessed with how cold it is here, but this has to be said -- IT'S F***ING FREEZING!!! I lost all sensation in my fingers and toes on Saturday! My pop turned to ice as I drank it walking home on Sunday! I'm even scared to take a photo with my digital camera outside. What if it breaks? It's possible!

The snow is making my life miserable. It has been snowing for literally two weeks straight! Everyone is pretty sure it's some kind of record. We have to shovel the driveway everyday. Just this morning, I had to trudge to work in 50 cm of snow! Throw in some hard ice and -25 wind... Try taking that on with loafers and a coffee in hand... Not so much fun.

In other more positive news, the holiday season is picking up! I truly missed Christmas season in Canada. Everyone is happy and thinking about parties and traveling. I especially love shopping! In fact, I did a little practicing this past weekend... I ordered some expensive underwear from a boutique shop in Vancouver, and I also picked up a Nintendo DS! Random, hey? I seriously missed video games, so it's the perfect toy for me right now. Plus, I've got the bucks to burn. Might as well, right? ;)

My next big purchase: a proper winter coat. To quote my dad after I put on my current winter jacket: "Why are you still wearing that fall jacket?" Uh... dang.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On November 21, 2006, Blogger Linea said:

This year will be my first Christmas in Canada since I moved to Japan -we'll be so close Chris!!

I can't believe the weather, GP has had record snow falls since October. What's that all about?

Congrats on the drivers license, if you run into any Napiers (figuratively) in YK, tell them I say hi!

;)    



» Post a Comment