chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

Feels Like...

I'm sitting in my pajamas right now, gripping a hot cup of tea. It looks like it's extremely cold outside. The sun is out and the snow is icy. Sounds nice, right? Well sunny days are always the coldest. Let's check the Weather Network... It's -31°C, but it feels like -43°C!!! Oh man, I'm so not going outside today!

Good thing I bought a new winter coat yesterday. It's an arctic expedition quality parka jacket from Canada Goose. It's filled with duck down, covered with Teflon, and trimmed with coyote fur. (I can hear my eco friends groan...) Trust me, all those animals died for a good reason! My favourite part about it is the price -- $263 (reduced from $424).

Last night was fun as usual. The typical deal for a night out in Yellowknife involves some pre-drinking at a house or smaller bar, then a night of dancing at the White Fox. If the night is really going well, it'll end at a sketchy diner or pizza place. Now that I think about it, that's the deal for a night out almost anywhere in the world. The only difference here is that we have little to no choice for places!

Carrie and I have been having some random times at the bar in the past couple of weeks. It's been a blast! Just last night, at the sketchiest restaurant you can find in Yellowknife, a drunk woman caused some raucousness with me.

Initially, she asked me to sit next to her. I figured, whatever, I'll do it. I sit down and she proceeds to spit some "romantic" words into my ear. Ugh. So I say, "see ya", and wander back to my table.

A couple of minutes into my conversation with Carrie and the table, a half-eaten piece of spring roll comes flying past my face and hits the guy next to me! We all turned to her and tell her to get out. The guys that are sitting with her start to panic and grab their coats. Meanwhile, she's spewing out obscenities and trash talking us.

Okay, normally I'm a pretty chill guy. I don't like getting into things with random strangers. But this chica got me riled up! I start to go off on her about how she lost her right to be in the restaurant and how she was being rude. She comes over and whispers more obscenities into my ear! The manager of the place finally comes over and pulls her away. I start going off again, even louder, as she is literally being kicked through the door!

I quickly realised the entire restaurant was watching us (but laughing), so I turned back to my friends. They congratulated me for having balls. I wouldn't say I had balls... Maybe "beer balls." Pretty ghetto night, eh? Ah, small towns...

Okay, I should get dressed now and start the day. It's 13:22...
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment