chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

Post-Japan, Pre-Arctic

THE KNIFE

I'm finally back in the homeland. Maybe I shouldn't say 'finally.' That would imply that I've been waiting for this moment. I have to admit that I was a little hesitant about moving back to Yellowknife after two years. Would things be the same? Would it be completely unrecognizable? Who would be hanging around the 'Knife? Anyone I know?

My queries were answered this week after my grand arrival from Japan via Australia and New Zealand. (More on that later.) Things are pretty much the same. A few new buildings. Things are shinier and more high tech. The people are the same as well, but that's a huge relief. I'm genuinely excited about meeting up with old friends and hearing all the goss' and stories. It should be an interesting month!

I've been too preoccupied with unpacking, studying for the LSAT, and running tons of errands to notice that I'm jobless. I think that situation will resolve itself soon though... Hopefully.

THE FAMILY

So now I'm living at home. I always secretly judge people who move back to their parents' house when they're well into their adult years. Now I'm one of them! I have a completely legitimate reason for doing so, so I don't care. Plus, it's very temporary. So... yeah.

I'd like to share with you one of the first things my mom said to me after I arrived. I think it pretty much sums her up. "When we [my family minus me] go to Paris in March, we're going to tour the city on Segways. It's going to be a hoot!" Oh mom. I'm sure it will be a complete and total hoot. ;)

My brothers are in my space, but that's what brothers do, right? All three of them are here, so it's a little crowded. What the F? Get out of the house! You're adults! Oh wait... Yeah... Holding my tongue.

THE TRIP

So what did I do between Japan and Canada? Australia and New Zealand! The trip was long and amazing, so here's the low down:

// Tokyo

Kate flew over to Tokyo from Toronto. We visited every single ward of Tokyo over five days, including day trips to Nikko and Yokohama/Kamakura. I'm actually pretty impressed with us. It's not an easy task to tackle Tokyo. But we did it.

TOP SIGHT: The real 'Three Monkeys' (Hear No Evil...) at Nikko.

The Three Monkeys

TOWERS VISITED: The Landmark Tower in Yokohama (including the world's fastest elevator); The Mori Tower; and The Sunshine 60 Building.

Landmark TowerThe Mori Building
Sunshine 60 Building
Never Ending Tokyo

...to be continued.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On September 09, 2006, Blogger Ms. World said:

I want more, more, more! I didn't know the name of your hometown is Yellowknife! That's funny! Glad to hear you had a rad time on the traveller's trail! Now please blog about it so I can live vicariously through you!    



On September 09, 2006, Blogger Sista K said:

fabulous!! i'm glad you're back. i want to hear more about your travels too. please post soon!    



» Post a Comment