chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

Productiveness

The two-month mark on my countdown to leaving Japan is approaching like a speeding shinkansen. My plans are quickly coming together for my travels afterwards. So far, it looks like Kate will fly into Osaka or Tokyo from Toronto. I'll meet up with her and we'll visit Kansai and Tokyo before leaving for Australia. In OZ, we'll visit Lauren in Brisbane and explore the east coast for several weeks. Then back to Canada for me! Some of you may notice that my plans have been scaled back a bit (no living in Tokyo or traveling to New Zealand)... I decided to focus my energies (and money) on one thing. Do one thing and do it well, right?

So, in spirit of my plan-making and countdown pressure, I have decided to hunker down this weekend and finish everything that's on my plate. First, I need to wrap up the past month on my blog. A lot has happened that I haven't written about. Looking back in my archives several weeks ago made me realise how valuable it really is. I wrote about stuff that I probably wouldn't have remembered out of the blue. Basically, it's my online journal, so it needs to be updated ASAP. Look for posts on Korea, the Fushiki Kenkayama Festival, the Daimon Kite Festival, Tokyo, and the Design Festa. Most of my pictures are already online.

PavilionLanterns Up CloseFun Was Had!Tokyo Metro Building

Speaking of photos, that's an area that seriously needs to be looked at. My Flickr account has a little over 2000 photos. My computer has over 8000 photos! You do the math... Damn.

Lastly, I need to pack and mail tons of stuff home. I have already packed up my winter clothes, so all that's left are my books and DVDs. The trick is getting these boxes to the post office. I don't have a car and taxis are over $15 a ride. I'm seriously considering buying a toy wagon and pull my boxes down the side walk in comfort. You laugh, but it's going to be awesome! Thankfully Toyama is the flattest place in Japan.

Lost
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On May 24, 2006, Blogger Kat said:

you're going to Oz for a bit? no way me too! look forward to bumping into you in a pub somewhere! ^_^    



On May 25, 2006, Blogger Gillian said:

I vote you get your students to carry boxes to the post office for you... promise them extra "Chris Points" in return!    



On May 26, 2006, Blogger Ms. World said:

It sounds like you have a good solid plan! Australia- I'm jealous. I've been home for over 2 months. I'm rested up and wish I could get back into the traveller's trail alas I need to finish my book project so I can cross it off my list! Try to enjoy the packing! I plan to do a tour of Canada in the future- maybe I can drop by your hood.    



On May 26, 2006, Blogger ambamarie said:

don't forget to come out, too!! good luck with the packing...i havent started...:(    



On May 31, 2006, Blogger Brad said:

packing is overrated. Me? I'm just going to burn my apartment down, collect the insurance money, buy a seersucker suit, and hit the Riviera. Naturally, this is between me and you.    



On June 05, 2006, Blogger OSB said:

I love how you say that you have all these things to do...but first you have to update your blog. Now that's prioritizing!    



» Post a Comment