chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

An Impromptu Collection Completed

A lot of my university and high school friends are traveling the world at the moment. I've decided that spending a year abroad is practically a right of passage in this century. It's all part of the grand Globalization® scheme. Soon we will all be Global citizens, working and living in different countries and speaking the same universal language!

Yeah, right...

My friends and I often enjoy writing a postcard. (A little English-teaching humor for you.) I've sent and received many postcards during my travels here in Asia. When I returned from Korea this week, I discovered another colourful 4x6 card in my mailbox. This one was special, however. I quickly made a list in my head and realised that this postcard completed my impromptu collection of "Postcards From All The Continents." The little card I was holding in my hand made a cross-Pacific trip from the jungles of Belize to the inaka of Japan, courtesy of Katherine and Anita.

I am now the proud owner of the following worldly postcards:

North America // The skyline of Chicago from Jamie.
South America // A view from a cave in Belize from Katherine and Anita.
Europe // The Coliseum in Rome from Brenna.
Africa // A hand-drawn Malawian card from Ann.
Asia // A boy holding a plastic gun in Korea from Heather.
Oceania // The Syndey harbour from Lauren.

Done and done!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On May 12, 2006, Blogger Gillian said:

Nice! I keep toying with the idea of putting the international postcards I've recieved up on the wall of the English classroom where i teaach... but then again, do I really want students trying to dechipher my mail???    



On May 14, 2006, Blogger OSB said:

That's cool! I'm going to ask my friends to send me postcards!    



» Post a Comment