chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

Obachan vs. The Environment


Obachan Burning Shit
Originally uploaded by buck82.
Toyama is very rural (apparently), so there are farmers around every corner here. When the snow is not covering the ground, they are burning shit 24/7. Not shit literally, but rather dead organic matter (leaves, dirt, garbage...). There are days when I can't see 200 metres ahead of me because of the smoke! I sometimes wake up thinking my house is on fire, but it's actually the neighboring farmer, up and burning shit at 6 am.

This particular fire was out of hand. First of all, it was much larger than any other I have seen so far. Secondly, look at where the great plume of smoke is flowing... Yeah, right into traffic. Nice.

I wonder how many tons of carbon dioxide is being released into the atmosphere every year by Japanese farmers? Someone MUST introduce composting here, before the planet is too hot to grow rice!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment