chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

Nomikais Kill

I'm supremely hungover right now. Last night, Amanda and I had a nomikai (drinking party) with our hair stylist and his girlfriend. Unlimited food and drinks, then the bar for darts. Good times that I'm paying for now.

Walking Through Kojo-KoenWe Are A Party People
Japanese Trumpet StyleThe Result

It's one of those hangovers where the entire day is a prelude to puking. You can feel it coming. It's in there, deep down inside, wanting to come out. But it doesn't. It taunts you. You know you'd feel better if it came out, yet your entire purpose at this moment is to prevent that from happening. When the wave of nausea hits a new apex, you desperately try to negotiate with your body. Maybe if you breathe a different way? Maybe if you sit this way? Or that? Maybe.

This will end one of two ways. One, I puke. Possibly at my desk in a wastebasket, or after a quick and obvious dash to the sink or changeroom. Two, the nausea subsides and leaves me with a wicked headache and in need of a quiet and dark place. Either way, this sucks.


P.S. I just discovered an embarrassing and hilarious tag on my Flickr site: drunk
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On April 20, 2006, Blogger Brad said:

you swore you would never drink again, right? But you know you were lying to yourself even as you swore it. We've all been there. Well, not me. I myself have never been there. But others have, and I take their word for it.    



» Post a Comment