chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

Snow: The Return

After a week of sunshine and ice-free roads, it is snowing again in Toyama. I think my anger can best be summed up in an analogy. (I think analogies are as fun as similes or metaphors.)

The new snowfall in Toyama is like being released from the hospital after six months of traction because of a broken pelvis from a car accident, only to be runover by a car in the parking lot.

More or less.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On March 03, 2006, Blogger Sista K said:

You have been spending too much time reading the 2年生 text book!!

I think the new snow is the best thing that has happened all week. It is more beautiful than the brown muddy rice paddies. Snowboarding is more fun than sitting at home on my ass. Winter is the best season in Toyama! New snow (and snowboarding) is as fun as sitting on a Thai beach (and swimming).    



On March 03, 2006, Blogger Chris said:

Meh. One man's trash is another (wo)man's treasure. ;)

I like cycling better. In 10 years time, there will be no snowboarding due to global warming. Live it up! :)    



On March 05, 2006, Blogger OSB said:

I'm growing a little tired of the snow myself. Looking forward to sakura.    



On March 06, 2006, Blogger MatchaMonkey said:

I feel you on the snow thing. Just as it was getting nice here (Ishikawa) and I was starting to hate life less, it decided to snow again.

I was just browsing blogs and found yours and it made me laugh.    



On March 09, 2006, Anonymous John said:

There's no snow now. Enjoy reading your thoughts. Pass by your writing talent at the gallery everyday. Sort of like under snow.    



» Post a Comment