chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

A Bit of Bragging

My school, Daimon Junior High School, has won several national awards in the past couple of weeks.

#1 // The Silver Medal for Best Ensemble Band in Japan
My brass band kids seriously rock it. I played the clarinet in high school and that was a true embarrassment compared to these guys. Last culture festival, they pumped out a glitzed-up rendition of an eastern European pop hit that completely blew my socks off!

#2 // The Top English Program in Hokuriku Region (of 8 Regions in Japan) with Special Recognition (of 2)
That's awesome!! I was totally shocked by this award. Basically, the Ministry of Education in Tokyo decided that my little school in the back woods of Toyama-ken has the best English teachers and lesson plans in a four-prefecture area! On top of that, we received special recognition. The only other school to receive this distinction was in Hiroshima-ken. My kocho-sensei (principal) went down to Yokohama last week to receive the award for the school. This is a pretty sweet way to finish my time at Daimon Junior High School!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On March 24, 2006, Blogger ambamarie said:

Hmm, this isn't EXACTLY the same story you told me. :P 4 more hours of work until our one week of bliss begins!!    



On March 24, 2006, Blogger Chris said:

Politics, politics... We won -- that's all that matters, right? ;)    



» Post a Comment