chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

What Just Happened?

Why is it that when you wake up late, it's always at the exact time you'd usually leave the house? Is it some cruel joke by the universe? Is there someone up there saying, "hey, let's f*ck with this guy today"? Seems like it.

After five minutes of scrambling around my house, I was on my way to work. Just a few seconds of walking later, I was picked up by a teacher. Six minutes later, I was sitting at my desk.

I had gone from laying in my bed unconscious to sitting at my desk pretending to be perky in less than 15 minutes!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On February 03, 2006, Blogger Carl Johnson said:

I hate when that happens. So far, I've only been late once, but I've had a couple times where I woke up at 7:55 or later and had to run to catch my 8:05 train.    



On February 05, 2006, Anonymous Ian said:

Yep, that's a tough one alright. On the flip side, though, now and then it happens that you wake up at your usual time, thinking you have to go to work, but then you realise it's Saturday and you can stay in bed. It's a fine balance...    



On February 06, 2006, Blogger Lauren said:

I'm suffering the cruel and unusual punishment of not being able to sleep in at all. By 7:30, my room is a sauna, and I'm having a sweat bath. mmmmm
I was up sat. by 7:45...and that was after drinking...ewwww    



On February 06, 2006, Anonymous Kate said:

It is the worst way to wake up... all panic and rushing about... it happens to me way too often!    



» Post a Comment