chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

A Classic Convenience Moment

So I was walking down the street when I thought to myself, "Chris, you've got a stratchy throat. Perhaps a cold is coming. Let's stop at the next convenience store and buy something to solve this problem." So I did. I walked into my FamilyMart (it is mine, by the way) and decided to purchase some lemon vitamin water. "Pefect," I said to myself. "But you know what would be even more perfect? Hot lemon vitamin water. If only..." Just for fun, I glanced at the hot drink cabinet. Lo and behold, FamilyMart stocks hot lemon vitamin water!

That, ladies and gentleman, is the definition of convenience.

Actually, if they had brought it to me on the street... That would have been more convenient...

Other tales of convenience:
When Convenient Stores Are Too Convenient
Japanese Truth [第5]
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On February 22, 2006, Blogger mystery meat said:

i love hot lemon tea, too!!
by the way, heated vending machines are great as well.
i wish they would bring those to north america.

it's sad when you know all too much about convenience stores. there are only about 5 within biking distance from my apartment, but i know which one has the tea i like, which one has the best onigiri and which one has the best instant soups.

japanese people do the same thing, tho. one of my friends goes to a particular convenience store because it sells good tofu.    



» Post a Comment