chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

Retentive

... Yes, that kind. I have quickly become very much so this past week. It started on Monday with another little panic attack about my life. They happen from time to time. I'll just freak out and do something productive. Or drink. This time, I was productive. (Okay... I drank a little.)

Kate gave me a brown leather folio for Christmas -- the perfect stylish element to my new productive life. I grabbed it and immediately wrote "The Ultimate To Do List." It was comprised of 12(ish) small things to do in the near future.

1) Mail away resumes.
2) Plan my Golden Week vacation.
3) Take the LSAT.
4) Take out the garbage.
...


Okay, so it wasn't exactly in any particular order. I've so far completed 7 items. But I added another 9 in the process... That's still productive, right? Yeah.

In other retentive news, my apartment is spotless. I don't even remember cleaning it... So it must have been slowly getting cleaner throughout the week without my noticing. Just this morning, I woke up early, made a balanced breakfast, and then washed the dishes. Who does that?? And last night, instead of joining a yakitori party and getting hammered, I opted to pick up my (large amount of) dry cleaning, do my banking, grocery shop, practice Japanese, and go to the gym. Does this mean I'm an adult now?

Maybe. I will feel like one this weekend when I take 23 English teachers on a bus trip to Nagano prefecture for a skiing/snowboarding minibreak. I organised it all (with the help of Renee and Josh), so if it blows up, it's going to blow up in my face. In the meantime, my snowboarding gear and clothing were retentively packed this morning and are ready to go. Can't wait!

Oooo, now I get to cross off “Write in blog” on my list! ... Oh, it’s not there... Let’s add it... Okay. Now I’ll cross it off...
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On January 27, 2006, Blogger Gillian said:

Wow, that's scary. You should add "Call Gillian next week" to your list though... onegaishimau!    



On January 27, 2006, Blogger Chris said:

I seriously just added it! Maybe I can pencil you in for Sunday evening? I'll be back around 9.    



On January 27, 2006, Blogger ambamarie said:

Hmm I know something BIG that better be on your list. Did you get my text last night?    



On January 27, 2006, Blogger Chris said:

*wink*    



» Post a Comment