chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

A Frigid Welcome

I'm back from my odyssey around the great lakes of North America. The journey felt like three separate vacations. It was slightly disorienting, especially now that I am back "home." I'm going to write about my trip in a brief way, since there is too much to process. I have about 600 photos to publish as well... Yikes!

I arrived home last night at around 00:30. Even though several people had informed me of the onslaught of snow on Toyama, I didn't truly believe it until I witnessed the mayhem this morning. My hot water pipes had frozen over the break, so I was forced to sponge bathe myself this morning with pots of warm water heated using my coffee maker and element. My kerosene heater struggled through the night to warm my apartment from a painful 3°C to a tolerable 18°C. Needless to say, I need warmth ASAP!

In more cheerful news, I had no classes today, and my dreaded elementary school visit was actually scheduled for next week. My teachers gushed over the maple treats I threw at them this morning. There's nothing like bribery to smooth the gears at work!

Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to get my ass to the gym...
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On January 10, 2006, Blogger Gillian said:

Nothing to say.. just thought I'd leave you a comment because I'm soooo bored at work.... want coffee NOW!!!    



On January 10, 2006, Blogger Sista K said:

the cold and snow is good for one thing--SNOWBOARDING!! skip the gym....let's get to the mountains!    



» Post a Comment