chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

Delicious AND Offensive


Delicious AND Offensive
Originally uploaded by buck82.
I bought this pack of chocolates at the Toys-R-Us in Takaoka, Japan. I'd say
the character on the front of the box resembles a "blackface" from the
racist minstrel shows in the US during the 1800's!

More info: 'Blackface' in Wikipedia
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On November 25, 2005, Blogger Gillian said:

Chris, you are so funny. I would have assumed it was a duck.
BTW, did you know that morris dances traditionally often happen in blackface, but that it has nothing to do with race? Course, I can't remember why...
Have a good weekend! I'm planning to hibernate until my cold goes away.. how very exciting I am!    



On November 25, 2005, Blogger Chris said:

They mention these chocolates in the article. It's a Spanish candy company.

Oh Morris dancing. How I miss your rags, hats, and general antics. (Not.)    



» Post a Comment