chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

Top Notes of Hippie

The Fall/Winter Season 2005 is upon us. This is the time of year when I choose my new winter scent. Yeah, that's right. I change scents between summer and winter. That doesn't make me any less of a man. In fact, it makes me more a man. The cunning and suaveness of it all. Your body is different in the heat of the summer and the chill of the winter. You need different scents. Deal with it.

I had already made a tentative decision as to which scent I will buy this season. Polo Black by Ralph Lauren was looking (smelling?) good. "A bold fusion of iced mango, silver armoise and patchouli noir. Modern. Daring. Sophisticated." That's what I need this winter. Who doesn't want to be daring?

However, this little baby is not available in Japan yet. *tear* In my search for a temporary replacement, I stumbled upon a random number: 2 Man by Comme des Garçons.

Ralph Lauren Polo BlackComme des Garcons 2 Man

"White smoke, nutmeg, cumin, mahogony, saffron, iris, leather, vetiver, incense." No my friends, this isn't a turkey seasoning recipe -- it's a cologne. My first reaction to this bouquet was, "What the f*ck is this?! Is this something to wear or incense?" Maybe not the best reaction to a candidate scent. But I was intrigued. An incense-smelling cologne? Tell me more.

I sprayed it onto one of those white pieces of paper to get 'the real aroma.' Hmmm... Not bad. The incense note fades away quickly, leaving a warm, smoky, manly smell. Even though there is no patchouli included, I swear it was there. If I were to choose this creation for the winter, I would need to wear corduroy and speak about peace and books. It's verging on hippie smell. But I'm still intrigued.

My quest for the winter scent continues... But at least my list has grown by one. Maybe.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On October 18, 2005, Blogger Gillian said:

I think you need to buy it, for corderoy sort of days... but you definitely need a more "daring" scent for nights out on the town!    



On October 18, 2005, Blogger Emily said:

Chris, I have no advice for you because I'm just overwhelmed with love for you. You're fab.

I just bought Britney Spears' new perfume. Kill me now, but it's a gorgeous bottle and it smells amazing. Ack.

See you around, with any luck!

--Emma    



On October 18, 2005, Anonymous Kari said:

That entire entry was so wonderfully Chris-ish. I definitely needed that this morning.
I say go for the 2man... there may be no patchouli but at least it will bring back memories of living in Guelph with teh thousands of hippie-smelling people that abound!
-Kari    



On October 19, 2005, Blogger ambamarie said:

Hun, no matter how much you want to be a hippie, a man with as much style as you just can't do it. If you want to live your dream with your scent, that's your own decision, though!    



» Post a Comment