chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

My Kids Keep Rockin' It

I don't know what's going on... Maybe it's my school... Maybe it's my teachers... (It's probably me...) But my kids at Daimon Junior High School have been rockin' the English contests! Last month, the 3-nensei (Grade 9) student I was coaching won 1st place in a prefectural contest, and she's going to Tokyo to represent Toyama-ken. This morning, I found out that BOTH my 1-nensei (Grade 7) and 3-nensei English skit contestant groups won the 2nd place (a tie) at a prefectural contest this past weekend!! I didn't actually coach any of them, but I did help the 1-nenseis by recording my reading of it, and I edited both scripts. I can't believe the two groups from Daimon tied for the 2nd place! That's awesome!

I hope my school offers me some kind of incentive to stay another year. I'll turn it down anyway, but I'd like to see what they'd offer. How about ¥300,000 and a paid vacation? ;)
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On October 24, 2005, Blogger Gillian said:

OMG, don't mention stuff like that! If they bribed me, I'd easily stay! But I need to leave!    



» Post a Comment