chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

❖ EPIPHANY! ❖

Lightbulb

It just hit me like that (*snap*)! After spending a whole Saturday morning lounging and thinking about what I want to do with my life, I figured it out! I want to be a lawyer!

Here are my reasons:

1) I want to help people.
2) I don't want to continue in my current field (science) in a direct way.
3) I like working with people.
4) I have a pretty sound knowledge of the political and financial workings of Canada.
5) I want a comfortable lifestyle.
6) I want to be challenged.
7) I can work under pressure.
8) I gravitate towards leadership roles.
9) Lawyers can work in many fields.
10) I can live anywhere.
11) I have opinions and I like expressing them.
12) I like writing essays.
13) I have a diverse background of knowledge: science, finance, government, teaching, international experience, leadership experience, etc.
14) I get to wear stylish clothes all the time.
15) I pay attention to the details.

I've already ordered my LSAT prep book, and now I'm looking into taking the test in Japan. I'm also going to start compiling the data on the schools in Canada and the requirements needed. This is great!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On October 22, 2005, Blogger Sista K said:

Damn! I'm jealous! Sounds like a great plan. And so well thought out. Not only are you the most dateable guy in the ken :), have the best looking blog in the ken, but you also have the most life direction!!!    



On October 22, 2005, Anonymous Kari said:

wow.... i'm having a total dazed and confused moment on this one (kate, back me up here).
are you sure you don't just wanna dance?
(if you don't get it, watch the movie... lol)
no chris, that's great! you would make a good lawyer cause i never liked debating you!
- Kari    



On October 23, 2005, Blogger Gillian said:

Wow, a lawyer, eh? I've gotta say, it sounds more likely than the plan when you were going to be a wildlife biologist because "caribou are just like cows"... I think you'd be a great lawyer! You like rules, and you like order, and you like good suits... any thoughts on what kind of law you'd like to go into??    



On October 25, 2005, Anonymous lauren said:

I liked the nurse idea as well, but this is conspicuously lacking the bum-wiping!! maybe a little ass-kissing...
You'd be a great lawyer. stylish and determined :)
Lauren    



On October 25, 2005, Anonymous lacey said:

what , a career plan not based on your outfit choice?

just kidding... ive been watching way to much will and grace here in paris (it is cultural as we have the french subtitles on) and you could be like the next will... but with better hair and clothes
lacey    



On October 26, 2005, Blogger ambamarie said:

hey buckster, just wanted to say that i am in support of your newfound dream! Sorry if in my state of surprise the other day, I was questioning you a little much. I think you'd make an awesome lawyer! Ganbatte ne!    



On October 27, 2005, Anonymous Alex said:

A Laywer eh? I work with a floor full of them... ;) But I have no plans on becoming one myself... ;) But I am sure you will make a fine laywer!

// A    



On October 27, 2005, Blogger Chris said:

Thanks everyone for all the kinds words of support (and surprise)! I'll remember all of you when I'm better than you.

JUST KIDDING!

I won't remember you.

;) Seriously, love you guys!    



On November 01, 2005, Anonymous -josh said:

the lsat is the devil. let me know how you do so i can cry in shame and misery or dance triumphantly.    



On November 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said:

I never knew your list was so long! Last you mentioned it to me you were gonna be a businessman. An Arctic Biologist?!?! Thats news to me! I would have laughed my ass off if you told me that! But not to your face - Im not like that. I would fully support your decision to you but then make fun of you behind your back. You know me, Im classy that way ;p
And as for your last comment, I will always be better than you - at least if you are a lawyer I will acknowledge you in public! ;)
~ B    



» Post a Comment