chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

Typhooned

So a 'typhoon' passed through Toyama-ken Wednesday afternoon. The first day of classes were canceled in anticipation of dangerous winds and rain. Yeeeahh... It was one of the sunniest days of the year! Granted, there was a strong wind, but it was more of an annoyance than a hindrance.

The kyoto-sensei (vice-principal) let the teachers take nenkyu (annual leave) if they wanted, since they had nothing to do all day. This is a rare thing for them, as nenkyu is usually difficult to schedule. I, being a cheapskate with my nenkyu, decided to hang out at school. My kyoto-sensei, realizing that I'm a cheapskate with my nenkyu, let me go home 'for free' at around 14:00. This was a big deal! My school is very conservative. They'd make me take an hour of nenkyu time if I was late for work. So I was grateful for those several hours of freedom (during which I napped).

I hope they loosen up some more, and let me go home early more often! Doubt it...
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On September 09, 2005, Blogger Carl Johnson said:

Didn't you get off anytime for o-bon? Last year, Tessa got off like 2 and half days (but I had already taken nenkyu), and this year I got off like 4. The secret is just to wait until the kyoto-sensei doesn't want to be the one to open the school, and everyone but you has taken time off. After that, he'll crack and give you free nenkyu, so he can use his own.    



On September 09, 2005, Blogger Chris said:

Actually, you're right! I did get 2 'free' days off! I completely forgot. I hope I get more of those!    



» Post a Comment