chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

Pump Me Up!

I've discovered one of the sweetest benefits of having a salary: a gym membership. A brand new gym -- or should I say, "sports club" -- just opened up in Takaoka City. It's a 'mere' 35 minutes away by bike. (Great for a warm-up and cool-down before and after my workout.)

This place is fantastic! It has a pool, sauna, training room, aerobics classes, and... an aromatherapy room with massage chairs!! For a flat (and reasonable) monthly fee, I can get unlimited massages from one of those heavenly machines! The equipment is also top-notch. Each treadmill has its own LCD TV and remote! I watched Gackt and Harudo Gei shake their stuff on a Japanese variety show whilst running at 9.5 km/hour. You can't get any better than that! Oh wait, you can. The locker rooms are slick, and the showers have free toiletries. Love it!

I also signed up for an online personal trainer. I log on, download my exercises for that day, and go. Then I log back in afterwards and track my progress. I hope it keeps me motivated. (If anything, the monthly fee will...)

The only foreseeable problem with this gym is accessing it in the winter. I cannot bike there in a meter of snow, so I'll be forced to take the train and then walk. It'll be worth it though.

Let's get pumped!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On September 21, 2005, Blogger ambamarie said:

just how much is that reasonable monthly fee? I just can't bring myself to spend 1 man/month on a gym membership...    



On September 21, 2005, Blogger Chris said:

It's ¥9500/month. Worth it for the hot bod I'm building!    



On September 21, 2005, Blogger Gillian said:

Hey Chris! thats awesome! i thought about joining a gym last year... never did it, of course! Now I'm hoping that my aikido will do the trick, esp combined with the bike ride there and back! I'm impressed with you though... between the hot hot J-hair and hot hot bod, your gonna be a whole new boy by time you get back to Canada!    



On September 26, 2005, Blogger gretel said:

hey kitten, you joined our gym??!!? sweet!    



» Post a Comment