chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

My Summer Engrish

I know I seem to go on about my kids' mistakes with English, but it is too funny! These are some choice lines from my second grade students' diaries from the summer (after corrections):

"You may have been able to taste a feeling of achievement."
"I thought that I was dangerous."
"It rained and it was damp, but my heart dried today."
"I'M VERY HOT TODAY. I NEED ICE CREAM." (My favourite.)
"Today was hot, so I ate cold watermelon. I ate too much. I have diarrhea." (Haha!)
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On September 01, 2005, Blogger Gillian said:

Chris, your kids are so smart! Even my SH kids couldn't come up with full sentances like that!    



On September 01, 2005, Blogger ambamarie said:

i yearn for students like yours!    



On September 01, 2005, Blogger Carl Johnson said:

The hot slang for "cool" in Japanese now is yabai, which is literally "dangerous." I think this causes mistakes    



» Post a Comment