chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

A Hero, A Lunch, A Birthday

This past weekend was crazy as usual. It started off with a Lovebuzz show at Club Mairo in Toyama City. Lovebuzz is a group of DJs from Toyama-ken: Tomoji, Koichi, and Bob (haha!). Tomoji happens to be Amanda D.'s lovaaah. Amanda and I were at the show together, but we didn't go together. No, my friends. I went to the show with the Dancing Machine!

My Personal HeroThe Dancing Machine Refuses to Take the Stairs

Amanda D. is my personal hero! She made this costume to rock Lovebuzz's world and to spice up people's lives. (Okay, I'm sure the reasons were more mundane...) Needless to say, she actually wore it from her house in Takaoka to the show in Toyama, taking a bicycle, a train, and walking down the street! It was the sweetest sight to be seen that evening!

Me and the Dancing Machine

After rocking out at the show, I left at 2 a.m. to take the express train back to Takaoka. But I couldn't get on! And why is that, you ask? Because the train conductor wanted ¥7,400 for a 12 minute ride!!! Of course, since I was drunk and don't speak Japanese, I didn't realise that was the reserve ticket price... I ended up flipping the guy off and sleeping in the train station, waiting for the first local train to arrive. Luckily, after several hours, Kaoru found me sprawled out on the staircase and drove me home! My savior! Seriously, he doesn't even know how much he saved my ass. I had a community lunch to attend in 5 hours!

The lunch was good. I was surprisely not hungover at all. It could have all gone wrong though. I had to make a Japanese lunch with 15 genki elementary students and their mothers. The kids were a blast!

Community Lunch

After sleeping for a few hours, I did it all over again! This time it was Amber C.'s birthday party at 135's in Uozu City. I hardly ever go there, so I was excited to party it up! Tons of people showed up, including the elusive Niikawa crew and some of the Toyama crew.

Happy Birthday Amber!Paul, Dan, Amber S., and Phil

Since the train times at Uozu station are ridiculous, we had to take the last local train back to Toyama at 23:45. No worries, Amber C. joined a bunch of us for some celebrations in the city. We hit up My Pleasure karaoke and Bar Maxx (the Brazilian bar). The typical, yet fantastic, night out ended with all of us taking the first local trains back to our respective cities at 7 a.m. I slept until 3 p.m. Ah wasted Sundays... :)
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On September 14, 2005, Blogger Mark said:

Sounds like a great weekend! Amanda really is a bit of a legend. I wish I could have seen it!    



On September 15, 2005, Blogger Gillian said:

Fantastique! I love you pics! Amanda is my hero!    



» Post a Comment