chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

The War Rages On

November 2004. A dark month in the history of my personal space. Night after night, they came from all directions. The crevices of my floor boards, the depths of my closet, from beneath my window... Some brazen ones were caught crossing the floor in broad daylight. Another cheeky one was found sticking his butt up at me in the bathroom sink.

Earwigs.

I hate earwigs. I also lothe nightcrawlers, spiders, beetles, and cockroaches.

Since November, I've been on a campaign to rid my apartment of all things crawly. It has meant both chemical warfare and brute force.

I'm happy to report that I'm winning. My apartment has been completely free of bugs since the end of winter! But the front lines have moved. As I write, there are forces growing in numbers right at my doorstep (literally). Every night, I have been spraying the growing army, and enjoying the ensuing madness. (Much to my neighbor's' curiosity.)

However, just this morning I found an insurgent inside my house. I sprayed it immediately, but it fought back. It jumped and tried to fly away as it died. I can see this will be a continuing battle that will require resolve and determination.

I'm pretty sure these latest attacks are linked to 9/11.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On July 01, 2005, Anonymous lacey said:

insurgents eh, i enjoy how george bush has increased our vocabulary (or spelled vocaburary as my english teacher spelled it 3 times yesterday)...quite an accomplishment for a rather slow man    



On July 01, 2005, Anonymous Sonia said:

I can sympathise with your plight - sadly I have lost the battle against the creatures with 6+ legs, and my apartment block now looks like a scene from Arachnaphobia :S    



» Post a Comment