chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

The Problem with the Squat

WARNING: Don't read this post if you're squeamish.

I just discovered the biggest problem with Japanese-style squat toilets. Before I tell you, I'll list the others:

- You have to squat.
- You have to be aware of where your pants go.
- If you are drunk or really tired, it's a feat.
- They're not ergonomic for puking.
- You're too close to the bizness.
- If you have *ahem* 'problems' doing your bizness, you have to squat for that entire time.

And finally, the top reason that I discovered yesterday at a mall in Toyama City:

- People can easily step in their sh*t and SPREAD IT ALL OVER THE FLOORS FOR OTHERS TO STEP ON!!!

That's right. I used the bathroom in the CIC Building in Toyama City yesterday, and someone had spread sh*t all over the floor and out into the mall. After pointing it out to Amber, I noticed that I had some on my sandals!! OMG! That's all I could think about whilst drinking my coffee at Seattle's Best.

*shudder*
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On July 29, 2005, Blogger ambamarie said:

Isn't it *shudder* ;)
that was....absolutely...disgusting.    



On July 29, 2005, Blogger Chris said:

You're right. Just changed it. Thanks ALT!

And yeah, I nearly puked.    



On July 29, 2005, Blogger Gillian said:

gross. gross. gross.
Did I ever tell you about this one time in India when I was using a squat toilet, and well... it was india, I had problems, and it sorta exploded out horizontally onto the wall!
Nasty.    



On July 29, 2005, Blogger Chris said:

Hey Gillian, thanks for sharing that lovely tidbit! I nearly snorted my drink out of my nose!! :D    



On July 31, 2005, Blogger Carl Johnson said:

So far, I've never done "#2" in a Japanese style toilet, and my goal is to keep it that way, barring the unforeseen onset of massive gastronomic difficulties.    



On August 01, 2005, Blogger lydia said:

yeah. since japan i've decided my aim tends slightly to the right. so if you see me with a wet right foot you'll know why.    



» Post a Comment