chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

Rock Star

You'd think I was a rock star based on how my first year students react to my presence! I'm always screamed at when I walked down the hallway, and more often than not, I get applause when I walk into the classroom. Recently, somehow, they learned the word 'handsome', and have been liberally sending the compliments my way.

This past week has seen a crescendo in excitement, and it's getting to be a bit much. I've been swarmed after every single one of my classes, with students wanting to ask me questions.

It occurred to me yesterday why there is a sudden surge of praise and chit chat: they want stickers.

As a motivational tool, I give out stickers to my students when they volunteer answers in class or speak to me in the hallways. They have to collect 24 of them to get a prize from Canada. Well, this week, without my knowledge, my supervisor started to collect the point cards for tallying. This has sent them into a panicked state. They are absolutely desperate for stickers!

I suppose I should be grateful that they want to speak English with me, but it's got to the point where I want to run back to my desk straight after class, and avoid all glances from students. I've had crowds follow me back to my desk! And sometimes, they come right to my desk. No haven!

After this week, it should all die down. I hope.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On June 24, 2005, Anonymous Cousin_Ryumi said:

Naaahhh, it's coz you're handsome!
she-ru prureze!!!!    



On June 27, 2005, Blogger jamie said:

you love it and you know it!

i want to see some new photos dude on your websight...whats up?    



» Post a Comment