chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

Embarrassment of the Week [2005年6月15日]

Okay, I seriously need to learn Japanese! The secretary just asked me how my ice cream was by saying, "how was it?" I thought she said, "delicious?" So, in Japanese, I repeated what she said, saying, "yes, how was it." (No question mark.) She laughed and I laughed. After I walked away, I realised she was laughing AT me! I would too.

Here it is in Japanese, for those who can read it:

Secretary: "どうでしたか?"
Me: "はい、どうでした。"

I should have said, "おいしかった". Dumbass.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On June 16, 2005, Blogger Gillian said:

Yeah, i'm seriously embarassed to know you, dumbass.
(I'd insult you in Japanese if I could, but sadly my textbooks haven't taught me how to say anything mean!)    



On June 16, 2005, Anonymous Lacey said:

Hey, I have an insult in Japanese for you ....きもい

not totally sure what it means but i think it is like disgusting/not cool and used to describe Pe Yonjun by anyone other than a middle age japanese woman    



On June 16, 2005, Blogger Chris said:

Well I also just learned a new word today: けち
That means you are mean!    



On June 24, 2005, Anonymous Cousin_Ryumi said:

Ha ha ha....we've all done it.....
I declared my love to the science teacher once by mistake.    



» Post a Comment