chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

"Chris doesn't know..."

My students have a written assignment this month, and the topic is, "Chris doesn't know..." They are supposed to write about Japanese culture in English. But it's turning into one of those 'heart-warming' assignments. It's especially grand when I'm the one editing them all.

Here are some examples:

"Chris doesn't know how to use slippers."
"Chris doesn't know how to pray [written 'play']."
"Chris doesn't know how to eat natto"
"Chris doesn't know how to enter a Japanese house."
"Chris doesn't know how to bow."

Come on! I'm not a complete idiot!!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On June 17, 2005, Blogger Sista K said:

Oh, I love it! I want to try it with my kids. let me guess...san nen-sei, Sunshine, Program 4?? I wonder what I don't know how to do??

Love your blog!    



On June 18, 2005, Blogger Gillian said:

Wow, do they really think we are that dumb? Scary! Although to be fair, I'm always a bit amazed when I see my kids interacting in japanese... they are so much cleverer in thier own language! (unlike me, who just coined the word cleverer!)    



On June 20, 2005, Anonymous Heather said:

Wow, let's reinforcing (like that use of Let's with an "ing") the imagined gap between japanese and everyone else in the world....    



» Post a Comment