chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

The Busiest Week Ever

I am definitely well within the busiest week I've had in Japan. Today alone, I taught 3 junior high school classes, 2 elementary classes, and marked 4 stacks of papers. Tomorrow, I have 3 demonstration classes. They are basically super-prepared and exaggerated lessons that are open to the board of education to watch. I think they are absolutely ridiculous! Everyone in the school gets overly stressed out, and for what? So that a bunch of non-teachers can judge what we do? Who do they think they are? If they want to see what we do, they should just show up randomly one day. I don't have time to make posters, diagrams, maps, pictures, flashcards, speeches, and dialogues within 3 days!

In other non-complainy business, Gillian and Heather visited me in Toyama-ken! They flew up from Fukuoka-shi on Saturday morning, and left this afternoon. I took them to a good Indian restaurant, a cocktail party at Sarah's house, the big Buddha statue in Takaoka, Gokayama to see the gassho houses, and a good conveyor belt sushi joint. They also went to Kanazawa, Ishikawa-ken by themselves on Monday to check out Kenroku-en (a famous garden). Finally, they wondered around Toyama-shi and had Nepalese food today before leaving. I hope you guys had a good trip!

Time to rest before the finale of my 22 classes this week...
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment