chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

Rice Paddy Season Begins!

When I arrived home after Golden Week, I was shocked to find that my house had suddenly become a boat house! At least, that's what it seemed. It turns out the farmers had flooded the fields surrounding my house, in preparation for rice paddy season.

Now, the fields have been planted, and the seedlings have sprouted. It's gorgeous!

Rice Paddy Reflections

I went for a jog yesterday behind my house. It was relaxing traveling between vast fields of water. (Even though I was dying from the pain of exercise!)

On Friday, the day was so clear that I could actually see Mt. Tate in all her glory! Usually, I forget that there are even mountains at all!

My Neighborhood

On my way home from the grocery store today, I saw a crane wading through the field outside my house, looking for food. I hope it catches all those annoying frogs that have been croaking up a storm at night!

It's definitely been one of those weeks that I'm happy to be living in Japan!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment