chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

Embarrassment of the Week [2005年5月18日]

In one of my first grade classes today, the kids were learning to write a sentence. The example sentence to be followed was, "Hi, I am Yuki." After the students finished writing their sentence, they were to come up to me, say it, and have me check it in their books.

One student, a boy, came up to me, and said, "Hi, I am Yuki." (Yuki is a girl's name.) I laugh and say, "no no, write your own name." The student walked away confused, so I got the teacher to explain it to him. The teacher comes back and says, "his name is Yuki."

Doh! How bad is that?? Not only does he have a girl's name (from what I can gather), but I just made him feel like a dumbass in front of everyone! Awww.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On May 18, 2005, Blogger Gillian said:

yeah, I've recently met a male Natsumi and a male Ayumi... weird. As if they aren't metro enough to beging with!    



On May 18, 2005, Anonymous Cousin_Ryumi said:

Dont wory pet, I think it can be either.    



On May 19, 2005, Blogger lydia said:

yeah, 2 of my favourite male students are called yuki. i have never met a female yuki. weird japan.    



» Post a Comment