chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

My Birthday

April 7th was my birthday! The big 2-3! Yikes! I don't feel any older... I went out for drinks and snacks with the crew to Da Friendz. But the real party happened on April 9th.

It's sakura (cherry blossom) season in Japan! For a few weeks in early spring, all the sakura trees in Japan blossom at the same time. Entire parks are filled with people trying get a glimpse of the temporary pink forest! To start the season right, I decided to have a picnic party in the park as a sort of birthday party. (Really, you never need an excuse to hang out in the park!) A ton of people came! I was actually surprised! It was a pretty fantastic day, though. We ate, drank, played frisbee, etc.

PicnicMe
Sakura BudsJamie and Sarah in a finale!

Afterwards, the crew and I moved onto karaoke and an inzakaiya. I had a complete blast!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On April 11, 2005, Blogger Gillian said:

SOunds fun! Ar eyou going to put up more pics on you .mac site? And I want to hear a more juicey version of what happened! I'm sure there was gossip!    



» Post a Comment