chris vs. the arctic

chris: 72 // the arctic: 47

Birthday³

Last night I had dinner with my Japanese friend, Mika. We both had our birthdays within the past week, so it was a mini-celebration. Mika invited a friend to come along. At first, I thought that it was perhaps some sort of set-up! Especially when I met her friend in person! But, I was wrong. *Whew* It turns turns out her friend, Nuun, also had her birthday last week! So, it was the three of us celebrating ourselves! :)

It was an interesting night! Nuun is actually from Thailand. She went to university in the US for 5 years, so she speaks English well. She has been living in Japan for 2 years with her Japanese husband, so she can speak Japanese on a conversational level. Quite an interesting mix! I must admit -- I'm jealous.

We went to a Thai restaurant in Toyama City and had some oishi food! I had some dishes I didn't even see when I was actually in Thailand! So good! The best part was the conversation, however. You can imagine the mix of languages -- a native English, Japanese, and Thai speaker in the presence of other people who know their respective language (the owner spoke Thai)! It was, at times, confusing (to say the least)!

Happy Birthday Mika and Nuun (I hope I'm spelling that right)!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On April 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said:

you were in toyama and you didnt even say hi?? You've been MIA mister...

ams    



On April 15, 2005, Blogger Chris said:

Hey, I'm not the one getting the action, Ms. "I've-got-a-boyfriend-now."    



» Post a Comment